
Well, being new at this, I'm not sure what to write about, but here goes!!!Just finished the "Cars" quilts for the boys. There are two of them. They don't quite see the point in waiting until they move into their new home to get to use them, but that's the rule!! They will be in bunkbeds, so they are made to Mom's size request!!
I made my two granddaughters quilts for their 5th b.days. Both quilts have both girls on them with little dresses duplicating what I had made for them during their first 5 yrs. of life. Mallory hasn't used hers yet. It was made for her trundle bed, but about the time I had it done, the room arrangement became bunkbeds and a crib. So far, she and her two brothers have shared a room; all in bunkbeds!!! Things should change by Christmas. She's had to wait very long, so the boys can surely wait a few more weeks!!
I really enjoy this quilting thing!! Never used to think I would do anything but garment construction. In the early 90's I decided I wanted to do something different in our bedroom. It involved a quilt and curtains. Then I moved on to the guest room. I was really on a roll!! I'm guessing I've made 30 some now. Lots of table runners and fun stuff. My quilting friend was in shock. I always called it "piddling." She couldn't believe I'd join in on such a thing!!! Now, the only garments I want to make are for my granddaughters!!! I always make all the kids jammies for Christmas. Hmmm, guess I should get started on that!


4 comments:
Cute kids!
Cute quilts!
Did you take a quilting class to get started or did Ann teach you? Wish I had time!
Wow!! This is so cool!! I'm just learning how this works. You're my first response!!!
Actually, Janice Chaney helped me when I needed help. She has a quilting machine and does all my quilting for me. I started with Eleanor Burns quilt books. They are the easiest way to learn. Very detailed instructions. That's what I like. I have a picture book of everything I've made in the "piddling" department. I'll have to show you sometime.
The boys quilts were very simple. The middle part is a panel. Then I just bordered it with other car fabrics. I put both of them together in a day. Have one on display at the S.B.
The girls quilts took much longer. I worked on their blocks over many months. When they were together one summer, I had them lay them out on the floor the way they thought would be nice. That way they got to be part of the project and understand a little bit about what took place.
Love both quilts, the children have lifetime treasures! Wish I had your talent for matching fabrics.
Post a Comment