Thursday, December 6, 2007

Heart


This bargello heart hangs in the hallway of Mallory's bedroom. I made this in a class before my granddaughters were born, thinking that surely one of them would be a girl. They were both expected at the time I made it. A friend and I went to this class in Co. Bluffs. We'd been very busy and gave no thought to preparation before arriving at class that day. Well, all of the other participants already had their pieces cut and ready to start sewing!!! We felt rather dumb, but hadn't been told we could do that! So, we cut and began sewing. The heart is made in two sections. We left that day with one section completely done. The rest of the class sat there in awe!! They went to socialize, not accomplish!!

Back to the baby girl story!!!! My daughter-in-law wasn't so interested; she had a plan and supplied the fabric for me to make what she wanted to go with the way she was decorating the room. I could do that!! My daughter was thrilled when baby girl arrived not knowing ahead of time. She says that one of her first thoughts was "I get the quilt"!!!!!

No comments: