Thursday, December 6, 2007

Turtles


You may have noticed this on my slide show, but I had never written about it. I first saw this made up as a quilt on a bed in a quilt magazine and thought it was so clever. I decided to make it into a baby quilt or wall hanging. Really had no great plan for it, just wanted to try the pattern. The heads and tails are finished and loose from the background. I cut out a bunch of pieces from scraps and decided that I really liked the blue/green pieces together. One would think that my sewing room would be empty of scraps after one or two wall hangings without a special purchase, but not so!!!! Little pieces go a long way!!! This currently hangs in my daughter's laundry area of her basement. It was too big for the spot we really wanted it!!

No comments: